312) Added 4 new custom icons. See the bottom of the main settings to configure the new custom notification icons
1) In the main settings is a button at the bottom \”Settings Explanation\”.
2) The call mask feature, and dummy texts are disabled by default now.
3) Set custom notification sounds in the main setting!
311) Fixed up the main settings explanation dialog accessible via the button at the bottom of the main settings
310) Dummy texts are off by default now
309) Added option to the main settings to enable missed call notifications. This option is useful for use with send to voicemail. Most phones send a notification for calls sent to voicemail, others do not
308) By default custom notification icons are off. The default Android SMS icon is now used. Custom notification icons can be turned on in the main settings
307) Added uncaught exception handler to messager, and contact list to catch anything not caught in a thread itself. It will automatically attach the stack trace to an email, please send it to me as everything is pre populated!
306) Added exception handling to login broadcast receiver just in case somehow the outgoing number is null. Go figure sometimes it is and it crashes Shady, but no more
Shady’s server crashed hard today. Luckily I have many backups, although many comments were lost on the blog :(. 21.02’s code was thoroughly backed up. A shame that I did about 2 hours of work on 21.03, which I am still trying to recover, but I think its gone. The following is what I changed, and will need a bit of time to recode:
1) The default notification icon will be the default icon of Android
2) I added exception handling for the login broadcast receiver to prevent strange crashing when the outgoing number is somehow null
3) I added a default exception handler for all threads to generate an email with the stack trace
4) I cleaned up the settings explanation in the main settings
305) Made the call mask feature optional because of its unpredictable behavior. The call mask creates a real contact on the fly, after the call is received but before the phone actually rings. Because of the millisecond timing required for this feature, slower phones usually don’t perform well. If the call mask was generated after the phone rang it would not work, and most likely would generate a blank contact in the real contact list, a little annoying but not a deal breaker. You can turn this option on in the main settings
304) When Shady receives a video it cannot be filtered because of Android OS limitations, particular SDK shortcoming. Shady will no longer delete the message as it was doing before, it will only add a message to the Shady contacts thread saying that video filtering cannot be supported