Shady’s server crashed hard today. Luckily I have many backups, although many comments were lost on the blog . 21.02′s code was thoroughly backed up. A shame that I did about 2 hours of work on 21.03, which I am still trying to recover, but I think its gone. The following is what I changed, and will need a bit of time to recode:
1) The default notification icon will be the default icon of Android
2) I added exception handling for the login broadcast receiver to prevent strange crashing when the outgoing number is somehow null
3) I added a default exception handler for all threads to generate an email with the stack trace
4) I cleaned up the settings explanation in the main settings
305) Made the call mask feature optional because of its unpredictable behavior. The call mask creates a real contact on the fly, after the call is received but before the phone actually rings. Because of the millisecond timing required for this feature, slower phones usually don’t perform well. If the call mask was generated after the phone rang it would not work, and most likely would generate a blank contact in the real contact list, a little annoying but not a deal breaker. You can turn this option on in the main settings
304) When Shady receives a video it cannot be filtered because of Android OS limitations, particular SDK shortcoming. Shady will no longer delete the message as it was doing before, it will only add a message to the Shady contacts thread saying that video filtering cannot be supported
no comments yet.